Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Our Arrival

25.5-26.5

During the first day of our travel, we all arrived at Dobyns-Bennett at 8 a.m. and left at about 8.30.  The drive was long, but make with great people.  In the van, Frau Engle brought games or us that kept us busy for hours.  I, for one, did not sleep a wink during that six hour drive.  The van stopped at a hotel fr about 30 minutes so we could drop it off then we were being wisked away to the Dulles airport by one of the nicest drivers.  We waited for about 2 hours then took off for Iceland.  That was a very interesting journey  They had so many movies and TV shows to chose from that everyone was entertained the whole flight.  I admit to sleeping about 3 hours of this 5 hour flight, waking up once to look at the beautiful sea and the second time when we landed. We only had to wait about 20 minutes for our next 4 hour flight to munich which was much like the earlier 5 hour flight.  When we made it there I was so excited.  We had finally made it to Germany!  The next excitement was short lived, however, when we found out our flight had been cancelled.  We then proceeded to get trapped behind the wrong side of security with only one shop and one small cafe.  This was 6 hours, arguably the longest hours of my life.  Berlin was so close we could taste!  But we where stuck in the wrong city with nothing to do.  After this long wait, we all filled exhaustingly onto our plane for a 1 hour ride.  I barely remember anything from this flight, because I slept like a rock, only waking when we landed.  Then, after a full weekend of travel, we final hit Berlin soil.But, of course, the wait was not over yet, when we had to wait another 30 minutes for our luggage.  the wait proved to be worth it though  when I finally meet my host family.  Fiarra and her father, who insisted I call him Frank, drove me around Berlin filled with sights as well as telling me all kinds of facts about the city.  When we made it to their home, I meet her mother Marianna as well as their two husky's Dina and Quinn.  After giving and receiving gifts I as finally able to wash my body of the disgusting smell of airports.  Then, I finally laid my head down and went to sleep, thinking of all the amazing things that were in store for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment