Monday, June 1, 2015

Berlin Life - Ben Osborne

Today I, along with my group went to a very amazing place; It was called the Stasi Museum. This was a very interesting trip filled with inspiration and knowledge. The walls of this prison held so many secrets, it was amazing to experience this beautiful, yet dark place. The best parts of the tour are the amazing stories that you hear from your guide. One of my favorite stories, was about a fourteen year old girl that was sent to this awful place for drawing a mustache made out of lipstick on some Stalinistic propoganda. What amazed me the most was the struggles this girl went through just because of a silly prank. It just made me think about how blessed I am to have such a great opportunity to meet great people and learn about a foreign culture in such a wonderful way.

No comments:

Post a Comment