Saturday, June 6, 2015

The Final Countdown

Today the GAPP students, German and American, made a trip to the outskirts of Berlin. After a long train ride, that we sang on because we were the only ones on the train car, we walked out even further until we hit woods that kind of reminded me of back home. However unlike Tennessee, there was something special about these  trees, they were filled with rope courses anywhere from 5 to 35 feet off the ground. Even though I'm afraid of heights I enjoyed playing up In the high trees and zip lining down. Whenever I got stuck my friends cheered me on from behind and encouraged me to keep going. One of my favorite moments of today was when two of our students took on the hardest course, they must have spent over 30 minutes climbing through some of the toughest obstacles. Valerie beat the course, however Sarah fought as hard as she could and we stood below her cheering her on and coaching her through the course as we blared the final countdown as encouragement. In the end the course beat her but she was still a winner because none of the rest of us even tried it, so kudos to Sarah and Valerie. 

-Keia wright



No comments:

Post a Comment