Thursday, September 26, 2013

Welcome to Fiber Arts - prepare to dye!

At 6 a.m. I took a shower and ate my sweet cereals. Then we got into the car and picked up the friend of my host Harmony. We arrived at DB at 7:45 a.m.. We had 5 more minutes to be on time to Harmony's English class. My "Fiber Arts" class started at 7:45. I love this class, because I met really nice people, the teacher is very easy-going and we don't have these kind of classes in Berlin so it was really interesting for me. Today I dyed my sweatshirt with the "spiderweb" technique. Frau Wolf also decided to attend that class. She first watched us and learned about the different ways to dye the fabric and did her own Shirt after that. After Fibre Arts I had Philosophy which was pretty interesting. We sat in a circle and talked for example about what beauty actually is. Everybody introduced themselves which was really kind. It is called "Southern hospitality". In Block C I bought my lunch and went to the library. Obviously you can read a book, use your laptop but also classes like the computer course use the library. In Block D I went to ROTC with some other Berliners. ROTC stands for Recruit Officer Training Corps and in this course the students tak about military plans, learn about important military people, learn how to march and they also workout in every course. Every Monday the students have to wear their ROTC uniforms. I finished school at 2:45 and me, my host and some of the Fibre Arts students went to an icecream parlour.

Jagoda






No comments:

Post a Comment